The Riley Sandler Memorial Foundation was established by Mackenzie & Ian Sandler on August 19th, 2014 in order to honor the life of their nine-year-old daughter Riley Hannah Sandler.
Riley was a magical child and a joy to her family, friends and the world. Riley was set to enter fourth grade at the Nightingale-Bamford School and, on the last night of her first year as a freshman girl at Timber Lake Camp, Riley went into respiratory arrest and died on August 18th, 2014.
To honor Riley, our mission is to carry her spirit and love of life forward by instilling her kindness, caring, compassion and empathy in other children.
We think of her as the truest of friends who loved helping people.
Through her foundation, we will honor this legacy by taking direct action to help children reach their full potential. We will do this through inclusive, character-building programs that help children build self-esteem and confidence as they learn key skills such as kindness and empathy.
The Riley Sandler Memorial Foundation’s vision is to emphasize the values of kindness and empathy among children in order to create a broader movement of changed behavior and children working together to make the world a better, kinder place.
These passionate and dedicated individuals bring us closer to instilling kindness, caring, compassion and empathy in other children.
Click below to learn about the people bringing us closer to our mission.
Programs & Initiatives
RILEY'S WAY AWARDS
RSMF will partner with schools in New York City to identify and reward the kindest and most empathetic students. We will award each school and winning student a combined $20,000 (amount to be confirmed), split between the child and the school (e.g., $5,000 to the child and $15,000 to the school).
Click below to learn more about our current programs & initiatives
What We've Achieved
- Over 2,000 families have supported us in less than three months.
- We have raised more than 75% of our 1M campaign goal.
- We were recently mentioned in an amazing crowdfunding article, www.cnbc.com/id/102119130, due to all of your support. Thank you to the team at youcaring.com for providing a wonderful platform for us to help raise awareness and support of Riley's foundation.
- The Riley Sandler Memorial Foundation has been chosen as this year's beneficiary of The Tailgate With A Cause. Tailgate With A Cause is an annual tailgate run by the Section 16HGroup www.thetailgate.org that raises funds for a local charity selected by its members.
- The first annual Riley's Rides, a SoulCycle charity event to support the Riley Sandler Memorial Foundation, will take place on Saturday, December 6th in both NYC and Woodbury. 100% of the proceed will benefit the RSMF.